NEXT@Graham is a presentation of the popular Graham Studio Series.
Through the application process described below, a range of choreography will be selected to be performed in the intimate Graham Studio Theater. The 2019 presentations will take place on May 7th and 8th.
For its third iteration of Next@Graham, the Martha Graham Center will select works that respond to the Company’s season theme: The EVE Project, which broadly explores the many facets of “woman” including historic and contemporary gender issues as seen in art, social interaction, politics, and commerce.
6-8 choreographers will be selected as a part of a competitive application process overseen by Martha Graham Artistic Director Janet Eilber and panel including choreographers and arts professionals. After the performance, Janet Eilber and the panel will select one choreographer to participate in the 2019/2020 Graham Resident Artist Program, which provides free rehearsal space and an additional performance opportunity. For more information please contact Next@Graham Producer Amanda Hameline at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EARLY APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 8, 2018
EARLY APPLICATION FEE: $25
FINAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 22, 2018
FINAL APPLICATION FEE: $35
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS and DETAILS:
- Apply through the Next@Graham Google form HERE
- Pay application fee HERE
- Applications will not be accepted via email or hard copy
- If your work is not yet complete at the time of application please submit a representative sample AND a link to a previous, completed work. Selection committee will view 5 minutes of your work IN TOTAL. Please include a time code in your application.
- Your piece must be under 12 minutes and include fewer than 6 cues.
- All applications will be viewed by an artistic panel led by Martha Graham Artistic Director Janet Eilber
- Next@Graham is a part of the Martha Graham Dance Company’s popular Studio Series. For more information on the Studio Series visit – marthagraham.org/studioseries
SELECTED CHOREOGRAPHERS RECEIVE:
- Two performances in the Martha Graham Studio Theater May 7-8 at 7pm with a tech rehearsal on either May 5 or May 6.
- Promotion on the Martha Graham Dance Company’s popular social media channels (Instagram 137K, Facebook 167K) and Eblasts (12K)
- A dedicated Next@Graham press release to NYC dance and artistic press outlets and journalists
- Two comp Next@Graham tickets
- Professional photos and a video of their performance free of charge
- $10/hr rehearsal space in the Martha Graham Studios
- NOTE: There is a $125 production fee for selected choreographers