NEXT@Graham is a presentation of the popular Martha Graham Studio Series.
Works by a range of choreographers, selected through an application process, will be performed in the intimate Graham Studio Theater on May 7th and 8th.
For its third iteration of Next@Graham, the Martha Graham Dance Company will select works that respond to the Company’s season theme: The EVE Project, which broadly explores the many facets of “woman” including historic and contemporary gender issues as seen in art, social interaction, politics, and commerce.
6-8 choreographers will be selected as a part of a competitive application process overseen by Martha Graham Artistic Director Janet Eilber and a panel including choreographers and arts professionals. After the performance, Eilber and the panel will select one choreographer to participate in the 2019-20 Graham Resident Artist Program, which provides 30 hours of free rehearsal space, a technical rehearsal and an additional performance opportunity.
EARLY APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 8, 2018
EARLY APPLICATION FEE: $25 (pay here)
FINAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 22, 2018
FINAL APPLICATION FEE: $35
PRODUCTION FEE (for selected participants only): $125
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS and DETAILS:
- Apply through the Next@Graham Google form HERE
- Pay application fee HERE
- Applications will not be accepted via email or hard copy
- If your work is not yet complete at the time of application please submit a representative sample AND an link to a previous, completed work. Selection committee will view 5 minutes of your work IN TOTAL. Please include a time code in your application.
- Your piece must be under 12 minutes and include fewer than 6 cues.
SELECTED CHOREOGRAPHERS RECEIVE:
- 1 – 2 performances in the Martha Graham Studio Theater May 7 – 8 at 7pm with a tech rehearsal on either May 5 or May 6.
- Promotion on the Martha Graham Dance Company’s popular social media channels (Instagram 139K, Facebook 167K) and Eblasts (12K)
- A dedicated Next@Graham press release to NYC dance and artistic press outlets and journalists
- Two comp Next@Graham tickets
- Professional photos and a video of their performance free of charge
- $10/hr rehearsal space in the Martha Graham Studios
- Consideration for the Graham Resident Artist Program